Formation Job Opening
The Disciple Maker Formation team, serving Resurrection, St. Lawrence and St. Peter, is looking for a Youth Minister. If you have a love for Jesus and the desire to help families in our cluster parishes deepen their relationship with Him in this capacity we would love to hear from you. Or, if you know of a young adult looking for an internship in this type of position, we would love to talk to them. More information can be found on the St. Peter website.
Disciple Maker Formation
Child Ministry (Grades 5K-5)
Our Child Ministry program is a dynamic and engaging beginning to your child’s faith formation years. We offer sections of each grade level to meet your child’s needs. Classes meet 2-3 Monday evenings per month during the school year.
Our Curriculum uses the Loyola Press series: Finding God: Our Response to God’s Gifts.
Know Your Faith. Grow in Faith. Go in Faith.
This comprehensive program provides sound doctrine, scripture, tradition, and prayer through experiential activities that make these essential lessons part of a lifelong practice of faith.
Youth Ministry (Grades 6-8*)
(*Grades 9-11 offered at our Cluster Parishes of St Lawrence and St Peter)
We have a dynamic youth ministry program that not only teaches our youth the fundamentals of our faith, but also teaches them how to apply it to everyday life.
Jesus gave us, the Church, a clear mission. After his resurrection and before he ascended into heaven, he gathered the eleven remaining apostles and said, “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations.” Mt. 28:19
The Church’s mission is our mission in youth ministry, to make disciples of our middle and high school teens. A disciple is a person who studies under a great teacher. A disciple of Christ is a committed follower of the person, teachings, values, and lifestyle of Jesus. Going beyond book knowledge, Jesus’ disciples learn through action in the context of everyday living, to act like the Master.
In youth ministry, our teens will learn to be like the Master in the same way, through a focus on worship, fellowship, discipleship formation, service and evangelization; In other words “FIAT” – Faith in Action Testimonials.
Disciple Maker Formation Team
The Disciple Maker Formation team serves all three cluster parishes: Resurrection Allenton, St. Lawrence Hartford and St. Peter Slinger
Formation Director: Kim Slizewski; email: [email protected]
Child and Family Minister: Sandi Dhein; email: [email protected]
Youth Minister: to be hired; email: TBD
Formation Secretary: Kaylyn Krebs; email: [email protected]
The Church’s catechetical mission aims to help adults of all ages to grow in both human and Christian maturity. Adult Formation embraces the diverse aspects of a spiritual and faith-filled life as an independent member of the Church.
Goals and Efforts of Adult Faith Formation
- Encourage ongoing conversation with Jesus to enhance your holy life
- Our faith and life as adult disciples are grounded in creating a personal relationship with Jesus
- Catechists aim to put “people…in communion…with Jesus Christ.”
- Embrace the invitation to deepen our faith in Jesus by trusting God, obeying his will, and seeking holiness in life.
- Promote and support active membership in the Christian community
- Learn and live out our faith as active members of the Church
- Help us make a “conscious and firm decision to live the gift and choice of faith through membership in the Christian Community.”
- Make accepting “co-responsibility for the community’s mission and internal life.”
- Call and prepare adults to act as disciples in this world
- Call others to share the message of Christ to renew and transform the social and temporal order.
- Help other adult believers become “more willing to be a Christian disciple in this world.”
- Be adult disciples who recognize God’s gift of love and care so they renew the light of the world.
(excerpt from Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us: A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States)