Faith Formation Schedules and Parent Handbook
NEW Disciple Makers Program
Our Cluster Parishes have been working together on a collaborative effort to both engage and form our children as true disciples of the Lord.
- Common curriculum across all three Cluster Parishes (Resurrection, St. Lawrence and St. Peter)
- Will ensure that all youth in our parishes will receive the same energizing knowledge and understanding of our Catholic faith
- Will allow us to share ideas, resources and talents with our cluster community, while at the same time maintaining the unique identity of each parish
- Elementary School (PreK-5) - Loyola Press "Finding God" Series
- Sixth and Seventh Grade - Bible/Scripture Study of the Old and New Testaments
- Eighth Grade - "Genesis to Jesus", a Study of Salvation History: Explore how Jesus fulfills God's Covenant Promises and elevates them to Sacraments of Grace.
- Ninth Grade - Theology of the Body: Discover God's Master Plan for your Life
- Tenth and Eleventh Grade - YDisciple: Small Group Confirmation Preparation
Elementary and Middle School (1st - 8th grade):
- Classes meet Monday nights at Resurrection Emmaus Center from 6:00 - 7:15 p.m.
High School (9th - 11th grade): Effective for the 2021-2022 school year, Resurrection Parish will not host Faith Formation classes for 9th, 10th and 11th grades. Families with children in these grades are encouraged to register in a high school program offered at St. Lawrence or St. Peter.
- St. Lawrence high school classes meet two Sunday nights per month from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- St. Peter:
- High School Program - Classes meet two Monday nights per month from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Family Faith Program - Parent(s) and students (6th - 11th grade) attend together at St. Peter. Share a faith lesson, then small group, age specific discussion from 9:00 - 10:15 a.m. Sunday morning. Attend Mass before or after class.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of your Christian Formation Committee members:
- Amy Baier: 262-483-0966
- Karin Hug: 262-305-1755
- Nicole Rate: 262-227-3944
- Denise Zuern: 608-345-6712
Faith Formation Teachers and Aides: Catechesis is a responsibility of the entire faith community and is entrusted to every baptized Catholic. We are in need of adults of any age, willing to share and pass on their faith to our elementary, middle school and high school students. If you are interested in assisting our parish as a religious education teacher or aide, or have questions about these roles, please contact Sandi Dhein, Faith Formation Coordinator, at 262-629-1500 (office); 262-305-7399 (cell); or email [email protected]
Please ask about our tuition break for volunteers!
Resurrection Parish Emmaus Scholarship
The Emmaus Scholarship application will be available from March 1-31 annually.
- Graduating high school senior who intends to pursue a post-secondary education at a 2-year technical college or 4-year college or university
- Student is a confirmed Catholic
- Parent is a registered, supporting member of Resurrection Catholic Church
- Student will need to be registered full-time (12 or more credits)
- Student will need to submit proof of maintaining a 2.5 GPA during the first semester and proof of enrollment in the second semester of college to receive the scholarship payment.
Pastoral Council members will take the following into consideration during the selection process:
- Involvement in parish activities
- Involvement in community service organizations
- Involvement in school organizations
- Financial need
- Reflection response
Eligible seniors are encouraged to apply.