Disciple Maker Formation
The Disciple Maker Formation Program (5K-High School) is offered in our Cluster Parishes of Resurrection (Allenton) St. Lawrence (Hartford) and St. Peter (Slinger).
Child Ministry (Grades 5K-5)
Our Child Ministry program is a dynamic and engaging beginning to your child’s faith formation years. We offer sections of each grade level to meet your child’s needs.
This comprehensive program provides sound doctrine, scripture, tradition, and prayer through experiential activities that make these essential lessons part of a lifelong practice of faith.
Youth Ministry (MS / HS)
We have a dynamic youth ministry program that not only teaches our youth the fundamentals of our faith, but also teaches them how to apply it to everyday life.
Disciple Maker Formation Team
The Disciple Maker Formation team serves all three cluster parishes: Resurrection Allenton, St. Lawrence Hartford and St. Peter Slinger
Formation Director: Kim Slizewski; email: [email protected]
Child and Family Minister: Sandi Dhein; email: [email protected]
Youth Minister: to be announced; email: TBD
Formation Secretary: Kaylyn Krebs; email: [email protected]
The Church’s catechetical mission aims to help adults of all ages to grow in both human and Christian maturity. Adult Formation embraces the diverse aspects of a spiritual and faith-filled life as an independent member of the Church.
Goals and Efforts of Adult Faith Formation
- Encourage ongoing conversation with Jesus to enhance your holy life
- Our faith and life as adult disciples are grounded in creating a personal relationship with Jesus
- Catechists aim to put “people…in communion…with Jesus Christ.”
- Embrace the invitation to deepen our faith in Jesus by trusting God, obeying his will, and seeking holiness in life.
- Promote and support active membership in the Christian community
- Learn and live out our faith as active members of the Church
- Help us make a “conscious and firm decision to live the gift and choice of faith through membership in the Christian Community.”
- Make accepting “co-responsibility for the community’s mission and internal life.”
- Call and prepare adults to act as disciples in this world
- Call others to share the message of Christ to renew and transform the social and temporal order.
- Help other adult believers become “more willing to be a Christian disciple in this world.”
- Be adult disciples who recognize God’s gift of love and care so they renew the light of the world.
(excerpt from Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us: A Pastoral Plan for Adult Faith Formation in the United States)